Spectrum Management Task Force and Workshop
The CTU is inviting you to a scheduled meeting of the Caribbean Spectrum Management Task Force via Zoom videoconferencing. The meeting is carded to span two sessions over the period 21st to 22nd November 2022, from 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Caribbean time, i.e. UTC-4) each day.
Regional harmonization of spectrum management policies and practices as well as relevant capacity building initiatives are being coordinated regionally by the Caribbean Telecommunications Union (CTU) through the work of the Spectrum Management Steering Committee (SMSC) and the multi-stakeholder Spectrum Management Task Force (SMTF). The CTU continues to be guided by tenets of the Caribbean Spectrum Management Strategic Plan, developed by these two groups, which seeks to achieve the following goals across the region:
- Harmonization of national frequency allocations and band plans, including common frequencies and international protocols for disaster management and emergency telecommunications
- Minimization of cross border interference
- Establishment of common approaches to digital broadcasting switchover, TV white spaces regulation and spectrum pricing.
In addition to focusing on these goals, the ongoing work of the SMTF and SMSC also addresses important current matters arising, such as regional preparations for the ITU World Radiocommunication Conferences (WRC-23 is upcoming).
During the last meeting of the SMTF, which was convened virtually via Zoom Videoconferencing in multiple sessions over the period 26th to 28th July 2022, the Task Force received presentations from various industry stakeholders and reviewed progress of items in its Action Plan for 2022. This November 2022 meeting will further progress towards achievement of the objectives identified therein and look forward to 2023.
Spectrum Management Task Force Meeting Objectives: 21st – 22nd November 2022
The main objectives of this meeting, which is open to representatives of the Caribbean Spectrum Management Task Force, Steering Committee and other resource personnel are:
- to facilitate meetings of the SMTF’s topic-focussed working groups to expedite formulation of harmonized proposals for the consideration of the full SMTF
- to review status of and progress activities towards achievement of the objectives of the SMTF’s Action Plan for 2022
- to consider plans and meetings for 2023 in the run-up to WRC-23.
Approved registrants will receive an e-mail from Zoom containing the meeting link, a calendar widget and other useful information.
For this upcoming meeting, Zoom’s “waiting room” feature will be established so persons joining would have to be admitted to the meeting by the host. In order to assure a prompt start on each day, we kindly ask that you aim to join the meeting a few minutes early and be sure to identify yourself clearly when signing in so that you may be easily recognised and quickly admitted. In addition, we ask and encourage attendees to show your video. It is a videoconference after all.
- Members of the Spectrum Management Task Force and Steering Committee
- Representatives (Policy Makers and Regulators) from CTU member countries
- Caribbean telecommunications industry practitioners and stakeholders
- Telecommunications industry associations and regional organisations
- International telecommunications organisations
- CTU Secretariat support staff.