|Management and Finance Accountant
|Director, Finance and Administration
|Assists in maintaining the financial transactions, procedures and records of CTU
Reporting to the Director, Finance and Accounting, the Financial / Management Accountant is generally accountable for the provision of financial and management accounting services in support of the department and Secretariat. Additionally, this position will generally aid managerial planning and commercial decision-making tasks by providing appropriate accounting data in support of the department. This position will provide a broad leadership in both finance and accounting and will have key accountability for the CTU’s financial and managerial accounting and relevant Executive Council reporting packages with guidance from the Director, Finance and Administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares Invoices for submission to stakeholders
- Prepares monthly financial reports, budgets and analytics on financial targets achieved as against budget
- Controls income and expenditure by monitoring all financial transactions to ensure that income and expenditures are appropriate and in keeping with budgets and in compliance with financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares monthly cash forecast and reviews cash flow for prior and current periods
- Develops and manages financial systems/policies
- Reviews Bank Reconciliations and performs reconciliation of General Ledger balances monthly
- Manages the Fixed Asset Register and performs reconciliation to General Ledger balance.
- Leads the preparation and review of the annual budget.
- Monitors and controls the Department’s payment functions.
- Leads the review, development, and monitoring of all financial transactions to ensure that all the CTU’s expenditures are in compliance with financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensures maintenance of general ledgers and all related accounts with proper documentation and record of all transactions.
- Reviews the general and subsidiary ledger to ensure accuracy and compliance with the CTU’s established principles.
- Updates the general ledger accounting system with the company’s monthly operating revenues and expenditures.
- Ensures compliance with statutory requirements such as NIS, Health Surcharge, PAYE, VAT, Business Levy and Green Fund.
- Ensures proper reconciliation and timely filing of all statutory requirements.
- Assists the Director Finance and Administration in preparing and finalising year-end financial statements and accounts.
- Assists the Director Finance and Administration in the preparation of the Management Accounts for the conduct of the annual External Audit.
- Controls and documents all changes to the chart of accounts.
- Ensures adherence to the Financial Delegations of Authority.
- Attained Intermediate or higher-level ACCA or other professional qualification with five years’ experience.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Strong communication and presentation skills